All Amnesty folks from any of the area groups, as well as Amnesty supporters and friends are welcome to join us! We’ll be relaxing, catching up with each other, and celebrating our human rights work and accomplishments from the winter and spring — and of course looking forward to continuing our important work and tackling more human rights challenges this summer and fall!
We’ll have a grill and will provide burgers, veggie burgers, buns, condiments, and drinks. Please bring a side dish or dessert to share if you are able. You’re also welcome to bring something of your own to grill if you’d like.
We plan to get one or two of the picnic tables there, but you might also want to bring a blanket and/or chair to sit on. It can get a bit chilly on the coast if the day is overcast, so perhaps also plan to bring a jacket or windbreaker.
What: Group 137/ San Diego-area Amnesty Summer Picnic
When: Saturday, August 9th, 12:00 pm (noon) until whenever!
Where: Crown Point Park, near S.E. corner of middle parking lot
Why: To spend some time relaxing, chatting, and celebrating with your fellow human rights activists!
To Bring: A dish to share, blanket and/or chair, jacket, sunglasses, sunscreen
Directions to our picnic spot in Crown Point Park (http://goo.gl/maps/Uhc4M):
- Take the W. Mission Bay Dr exit north from I-8 and then stay on Ingraham St.
- Take Ingraham over the water and past Ski Beach Park, then over more water.
- Get in the right-hand lane and turn right onto Crown Point Dr.
- After a block or two turn right onto Corona Oriente Rd and enter Crown Point Park.
- Go past the first large parking lot on the right, then turn right into the second (middle) parking lot.
- Drive toward the far, right-hand corner of the parking lot and find a parking spot.
- Walk past the little grove of trees near the corner of the parking lot and look for the picnic table beneath a large tree close to the water. We should have Amnesty signs up around our picnic spot.